1. <sub id="m4fws"><listing id="m4fws"></listing></sub>
      <wbr id="m4fws"></wbr>

        <sub id="m4fws"><listing id="m4fws"></listing></sub>
      1. <form id="m4fws"></form>
        <nav id="m4fws"><listing id="m4fws"></listing></nav>

        State Agency and Business Reporting

        With the passage of AB353 in the 80th Legislative Session, state agencies now have a financial incentive to expand their sustainability efforts and must report the amount of material that they recycle. Additionally, state agencies now have the ability to reinvest revenue generated from recycling into future sustainability efforts, such as the purchase of recycling containers, signage, or even toward costs associated with the collection and transportation of recycled goods. This is a significant change from previous policy, which required all recycling revenue to return to the general fund.   

        Per AB353, each state agency must report the amount of materials recycled by July 1st of each year, even if no recycling occurred.  If your state agency is required to report, please log onto https://connect.re-trac.com/registration/nevada-state-program to create an account to report your recycled materials.  If you have any questions regarding AB353, have questions about reporting, or would like to further your agency’s recycling program, please contact Kayla Alm, Sustainable Materials Management Coordinator at 775-687-9467 or kalm [at] www.cateringmanage.com.

        Instructions for registering for an account in Re-Trac


        What is AB353, and does my agency apply?

        AB353 was passed in the 80th session of the Nevada Legislature.  This bill allows state agencies to retain revenue generated from recycling, and also requires executive department state agencies to report their annual recycling tonnages. 


        How will this data be used?

        The recycling data collected from state agencies will be provided to the state legislature as part of the Legislative Council Bureau Recycling Report that is developed each January before the session begins.  The data received will also be used to further recycling programs throughout the state.


        How do I report my data if my building only offers single stream recycling?

        If your building participates in single stream recycling, you must still submit a data report.  Once you access the survey, answer “yes” to the question “Do you have recycling tonnage to report?”. The category for single stream recycling is under “Other Recycled MSW”. Use this calculator to estimate your buildings annual tonnage. 

        I have the weight of my materials in pounds, not tons as listed on the Re-TRAC survey.  How do I report my data?

        Take the number of pounds and divide by 2,000 to report the tonnage.

        My department has multiple buildings/facilities/locations.  Do I report the combined data for all locations or separate the data by location?

        We want this reporting requirement to be complimentary to how you currently track your recycling data.  If you currently combine all of your recycling and MSW data into one spreadsheet, please report all of your locations data at once.  If you track your locations individually and would like to report each location separately, you have the ability to create numerous facilities within your Re-TRAC account.  


        What time period do I submit recycling data for?

        Please submit your recycling data beginning from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.


        If I have any other questions, who can I contact?

        Kayla Alm
        Sustainable Materials Management Coordinator
        kalm [at] www.cateringmanage.com